Monday, March 25, 2013

In the Lunch box - Coconut Chocolate Bites

Easter = chocolate!!

As a child I was never big on chocolate. For Easter all my siblings would get an egg of some kind, but I'd get something different. Something little but still special that my mum had picked out especially. One year it was the cutest little package of worry dolls that still sit proudly in my shadow box  today :)

But having 3 babies seemed to change all that! Now I'm the kind of person who falls for the chocolate bar conveniently sitting at the checkout. I'm the kind of person who orders a brownie and happily finishes it myself.......admittedly I'm no where near loving chocolate as much as my family does, but I'm on my way. Who knew being pregnant could change your taste buds too.

So this Easter, I thought instead of doing our traditional cookies, I'd make something a little different.
It's a recipe I saw on a blog (and I am sooooo sorry I can't remember which one, but will happily credit back if you've seen it too)



Coconut Chocolate Bites

Coconut -
2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup coconut oil (un melted)
2 tbsp honey
raw almonds

Chocolate -
2 tbsp coconut oil
500g dark chocolate chips

1. Mix the first 3 ingredients in a blender until it becomes a creamy paste.
2. Half fill patty pans or a silicon moulds and press in firmly.
3. Lightly press in almond (I ran out of almonds so used chopped figs as well, yum)



Melt oil and chocolate together then fill the rest of the moulds with the chocolate mixture.
Place in freezer for 2 hours then place them in an airtight container and store in the fridge.

 
 
Then simply place a few in the lunch box, place one next to your morning coffee or wrap up a batch and give them as a gift.  Happy Easter Everyone :)






1 comment:

  1. I didn't used to be one for chocolate either...'used to'.
    Now?...well, let's just say it's enthusiastic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...