Monday, April 8, 2013

In the Lunchbox - Feijoa Lime Loaf



We are in Feijoa heaven here. The tree is literally dumping bucket loads by the day and I'm trying to keep up, but man they just keep coming.

We are eating them till our tummies ache. We're cooking loafs, muffins, pies and cakes with them - we're even giving them away1 I've been making feijoa compote, I've been freezing pulp by the kilos and I've even dambled in a little feijoa and vodka mix (quite yum I have to say).

So I thought I'd share one of the favourites that was requested by the kids for this weeks lunchbox ...



Feijoa and Lime Loaf

8 feijoas, flesh only
2 cups s/r flour
1 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
1 egg
50g butter
1tsp baking soda

Glaze -
1/3 cup caster sugar
3 tbsp lime juice

1. Bring to the boil feijoas, sugar, water and butter and boil for 5 minutes
2. Cool (allow to cool properly so egg doesn't cook in next step)
3. Add flour, baking soda and egg to you mix and fold together till combined. Place in lined loaf tin and bake for 45 min in oven set at 180degrees.
4. Mix caster sugar and lime juice together in a bowl and drizzle over still warm loaf then allow loaf to cool in loaf tin.

Enjoy x

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe i've ever tried a feijoa. Good luck using them all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...